Qxtender & Plugins - Download & Install
|*** Plugins are downloaded and updated from within Qxtender *** Instructions
Download Qxtender Version 3.30 installer (ZIP file) - (2.98 MB) 28 Apr 2017
Download Qxtender Version 3.30 installer (EXE file) - (3.00 MB) 28 April 2017
- If you already have Qxtender installed, use its integrated Online Update utility to update to this new version -- it will be a much smaller & faster download.
- If you choose to download the ZIP file, extract the installer file (qxinstaller.exe) and run it (double-click on it).
- If you choose to download the directly executable EXE format installer, your browser may warn you that the file is "not commonly downloaded and may harm your computer," or something similar. You can safely ignore the warnings.
- On Windows 8 and later, after the browser downloads the installer and performs its security scan, you may need to click on the MORE INFO link in order to click the "Run Anyway" option to complete the installation.
- All Qtools Software installers and application files are digitally signed so that they can not be tampered with and you are assured they are malware-free.
- The minimum supported version of Windows is now Windows 2000. Windows 95/98/Me and NT 4.0 are not supported as of Qxtender 2.60.
|Important: Windows 2000 & XP users must be logged in as a user with Administrator rights when installing or updating Qxtender.
Windows Vista & Higher: Version 2.20 and later of Qxtender is fully compatible with Vista/7/8/10. You will be prompted for elevation to Administrator rights during installation. (Earlier versions of Qxtender do not function properly on Vista & up. Be sure to upgrade to Qxtender 2.20 or later before performing an upgrade of Windows XP to Vista).
- Download qxinstaller.exe to an empty temporary folder (or download the ZIP file and extract qxinstaller.exe to an empty temp folder).
- Run (double-click) it.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation program.
- If you're upgrading an earlier version of Qxtender, there is no need to uninstall the prior version.
- We recommend installing to * \Program Files\Qtools\Qxtender3 This is the default setting during installation. If you decide to change it, be sure to install Qxtender in its own directory -- do not install it in the directory of another program such as QuickBooks.
(* \Program Files (x86)\Qtools\Qxtender3 on 64-bit systems)
|Plugin Updating / Installation Instructions
- Install Qxtender first.
- On the "Online Updates" menu in Qxtender, select "Check for Updates".
- Follow the instructions.
- Qxtender will check for necessary updates, and provide you with a list of items from which to choose, along with the download size and time estimate.
- When you're ready, click "Get Updates" -- Qxtender will then download and install:
- Plugin Updates
- New Plugins (only those you have selected)
- Application component updates
If you need to install Qxtender & Plugins on a system without internet access, or you would like to install Plugins at the same time along with Qxtender, download the appropriate combination installer below. If necessary, copy to removable media. During installation you will be given the option to choose which Plugins to install.
If you are updating an existing installation, do not uninstall the previous version -- just install over the existing installation.
|Download combination installers:
California Installer 3.53 MB (Qxtender, DE9/9C, DE542, IRS941B, Exporters)
New York Installer 3.42 MB (Qxtender, NYS45, IRS941B, Exporters)
All Plugins Installer 3.91 MB (Qxtender & All Plugins)
These are ZIP files. Extract the contents (and if necessary copy to a large format removable disk such as CD-R, CD-RW, ZIP disk, USB drive, etc.). Then run "qxinstaller-xxx.exe" to install Qxtender and Plugins.
|Download floppy disk installers
(We have discontinued floppy disk based installers after 7/19/2006, due to the widespread availability of larger format transportable storage)
Copyright Qtools Software - © all rights reserved
QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier & QuickBooks Enterprise are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.